Friday, July 19, 2013

DON'T WORRY OUT THE BLESSING!

Since I watch children during the day, there are times I have to tell them, “Don’t whine; there’s no sense in it.  No whining at Granna’s.”  Today, those words are coming back at me as I am sitting in my pity party pants whining about something I have no control over.  Just like the little people I am whining in the “No Whining Zone”.

Digging my way out of where I took myself, I decide to lay my eyes upon notes I jot down daily.  They may be found in a journal, yellow notepad, my cell phone journal or a spiral notebook; everywhere my thoughts are laid down for the moment.  Doing so, I found that in some notes taken last week, the Lord was speaking to me for this day.  So, I read today reflecting on my notes finding His words for my "right nows" and tomorrows.

The youngest child I watch is 5 month old, Case.  He is a very active little fella!  I just know one day he is going to run in the Olympics and win!  Most of the time when I give him his bottle he shows that aggressiveness!  As he is in my arms sucking on his bottle, his arm is flailing back and forth like crazy!  He is so strong that this action knocks the bottle out of my hand and we have to start all over.  One day I said to him, “You can’t control it, I’ve got to control it.”  Hmmm…

That same morning the children and I were doing one of our favorite things; taking a walk in the sunshine!  Two of the children are sitting in the double stroller and my grandson, Jude, sits at the front.  Every day we take a walk and never have I had a problem with the stroller resisting the turns.  But this day, it would not turn at the corners.  So, I had to pick it up and turn it myself.  Hmmm…

So, we press on trying to enjoy our time of strolling.

Jude looks up to the sky and points to one dark cloud amongst lots of sunshine and says, “Look!  A storm is coming!”  I smile and reply, “Honey, a dark cloud doesn’t always mean a storm is coming.”  Wow…

Are you with me?  God speaks to us as His children in the same way we speak to our own.  With His hands turning my face toward Him I can hear my heavenly dad say, "Look at me.  Focus on me for I know what is best." Our focus is followed by His faithfulness.

All along I have been trying to control, resist and anticipate a storm.  If I don’t stop, I will worry out the blessing God has for me that takes me to happy.

Heavenly Father, I know You care and are more than capable of meeting our needs.  I give You control of my life.  I know it’s a daily choice.  I choose to be happy.

I pray today you, also, will find that leaving your cares at the cross will take you to happy.


“The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.”
Psalm 138:8




THREE OF MY JOYS
Case, Ava and Jude

 


No comments:

Post a Comment